Today, 90% of the world’s trade is done by shipping, leading to a huge part of the workforce aboard vessels that travel all over the world. This means that internet connectivity that works regardless of a vessel’s position isn’t just a crucial business decision, it’s also important for the well-being of the crew that keeps the business afloat.
Since providing crewmembers with a link to their families is crucial for crew morale, Setel offers FleetBroadband in order to satisfy the broadband needs of both the day-to-day business operations aboard a ship and the personal email and voice needs of the crew.
Voice and data services work simultaneously, so that the crew can check email or call their loved ones while the Master orders supplies, plans routes, or engages in critical communications with the on-shore office. This all-in-one simultaneous broadband solution is ideal for businesses that need cost-effective maritime communications on a global scale.
- Simultaneous voice and data: up to 9 calls can be made at the same time, all without disrupting the data services that the ship needs for business operations
- One-of-a-kind satellite service providing GMDSS for the maritime sector.
- Cost-effective, one-stop shop for maritime communications services: broadband, data and voice
- Easily send and receive email with large attachments, faxes, and even SMS text messages
- Standard IP over a shared channel at rates to 432kbps.
- Streaming IP provides guaranteed data rates of up to 256kbps for video conferencing
- Easy to install, compact antenna that offers near-global coverage, excluding extreme polar regions
- Three terminal types to suit your needs: FB150, FB250 and FB500
- Improved safety onboard with Voice Distress Calling that interrupts non-urgent calls and prioritises subsequent emergency communications
Content in progress